martes, 6 de noviembre de 2012

Is ZOG an appropiate book?




From my point of view this book is appropriate for children who are five years old.

This is a story about child support, companionship, body care, collaboration and love.


Zog, is a magnificent story that can make possible almost all the croos-cutting themes (CCT), a lot of different themes values. It's a different story that moves away from the clichés.

I think that the princess is very smart and I like that she helps the Dragon to realize that besides being fierce he also has a good heart. I like characters that are far from typical. I see very interesting that the dragon learns to appreciate what he has and he takes care about it. It is not common to find kind dragons in stories. 

I imagine that children can feel identify with the characters because their personalities are very real and close.
I consider that this story is very well designed. I really like illustrations; these are the best I have seen lately. I am convinced that these are very useful for small kids to follow and understand the main idea. This is especially because it has a very good layout, drawings are with brightly and strong colours and their size are suitable for small children.


The descriptions are made with short sentences which is easier to understand. The vocabulary is a little bit difficult, so the first time is better that I will tell the story instead of read it and I could adapt it to these ages.

Children can learn a lot of values like companionship or friendship and humility. They might improve their imagination and creativity.

IVHT

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario